Stanly County was formed in 1841 from Montgomery County and is located in the
center of the state. The location makes Stanly County a great place to live and visit. It's close to everything, but far enough to retain it's small town values.
Stanly County is home to Morrow Mountain State Park, part of the Uwharrie Mountain range, and two lakes, Lake Tillery and Badin Lake. Albemarle is the county seat and largest city. Albemarle is conveniently located 42 miles from the state's largest city, Charlotte.
The County consist of eight
other incorporated communities including Badin, Locust, Misenhiemer,
New London, Norwood, Oakboro, Richfield and Stanfield.
- Total Area: 404.51 square miles
- Land Area: 395.26 square miles
- Elevation: 505 feet above sea level
- Average Rainfall: 48 Inches
- Average January Temperature: 40 ° F
- Average June Temperature: 78